*WARNING VIDEO MAY BE GRAPHIC*
WEST VALLEY CITY (ABC4 News)- Police are releasing body camera footage after a man was shot and killed in the West Valley City Hall building last month.
Police said on August 23rd officers responded to a call regarding a DUI at a business in the area of 2900 South Redwood Road.
The caller reported that Michael Chad Breinholt, the boyfriend of a fellow employee, was intoxicated and causing problems at the place of business, officials said.
When officers responded they said Breinholt had been driving intoxicated. He was arrested and taken to the West Valley City Police Department DUI processing room in the basement of city hall located at 3600 Constitution Blvd.
WVCPD Public Information Officer Roxeanne Vainuku said at some point during the intake process an altercation took place. One officer fired his weapon and struck the suspect—killing him.
What others are reading:
- 20-year-old man injured after being hit by a falling rock inside Uintah County cave
- BYU commits three turnovers and gets dominated by #22 Washington, 45-19
- The latest on the bus crash near Bryce Canyon that killed 4, injured more than a dozen others
- Utah unemployment rate remains steady at 2.8% in August
- West Jordan convenience store robbed at gunpoint, police looking for suspects