BLUFFDALE, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police in Bluffdale responded to a fatal crash on Redwood Road Tuesday afternoon.
Bluffdale Police Lt. Roger Williams said just after 1 p.m. they were called to a crash at 14400 South Redwood Road.
Witnesses told police that the driver of a truck was traveling at a high rate of speed north on Redwood Road while on the inside lane when he made a rapid movement and veered across the lanes and hit a power pole. The driver of the truck died on impact.
Williams said right now they have no idea why the man veered across traffic as the crash is still under investigation. It is not known if drugs or alcohol were involved at this time. No other vehicles were hit during the incident.
The man’s identity will not be released until next of kin is notified.
- LIVE: Thousands expected to honor Ginsburg at Supreme Court
- Crews respond to fire burning up Neffs Canyon
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- Snake lands on Mississippi woman as she opens her front door
- Late-stage study of first single-shot vaccine begins in US