AUSTIN (KXAN) — Music superstar Beyoncé is getting 100 $5,000 checks in formation — to help individuals and families impacted by the current pandemic housing crisis.
The Grammy-winner announced the extension of her BeyGOOD Impact Fund, which will grant $5,000 to 100 recipients who are facing foreclosures or evictions due to job loss, illness, and other challenges.
The BeyGood Impact Fund previously gave $10,000 grants to over 250 small businesses who were affected due to COVID-19.
Renters nationwide face a critical timeclock, as the federal eviction moratorium is set to expire Dec. 31 — with no plan yet in place to extend it. The Census Bureau estimates 11.3 million households are behind on rent or won’t be able to pay the coming month’s, according to Washington Post.
The online application process will open Jan. 7, with grants dispersed later that month. A second round will open in February, BeyGOOD says.
- The TikTok dance we can’t stop watching
- Clare speaks out about the big Bachelorette breakup
- Weekend activities to take you out, or enjoy virtually
- Utah delegation, officials urge Biden to reconsider suspension of energy leases on federal lands
- Murray doctor pleads guilty to illegally prescribing controlled substances