OREM, Utah (ABC4 News)- A portion of State Street was shut down Wednesday morning as crews worked to remove a bear from a tree.
Dispatchers said the animal was seen wandering around and eventually climbed a tree right in front of the police department.
After about 40 minutes, wildlife officials were able to tranquilize the bear and remove it from the area.
The right lanes were closed northbound on State at Center Street, but were opened shortly after the incident.
Updates to this story will be posted as more information becomes available.
- 26-year-old man stabs grandmother multiple times in Millcreek
- Update: Teen with autism found safe
- Students learning to be tech-savvy in online world
- SWAT standoff over after suspect who assaulted boy then fired shots at an adult male taken into custody
- Funeral plans announced for Mac Christensen, Mr. Mac retail founder