SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – While ABC4 News was live on air during riots in Salt Lake City Saturday night they captured a police officer armed in protective gear shoving a man with a cane down onto the street.
The incident happened while ABC4’s Nicole Neuman and photojournalist Josh Witzel were in the field reporting live on air to the community.
That video has now gone viral after it was posted to the station’s ABC4 YouTube channel and has been picked up by viewers around the country, many expressed anger at the officer’s actions.
The footage can be seen here:
Salt Lake City Police Department Chief Mike Brown responded to the video and said he has opened investigation though Internal Affairs and the Civilian Review Board.
LATEST NEWS STORIES:
- Compulsive behaviors are on the rise during the pandemic
- Nicea updates viewers on being stalked and impersonated online
- Former Utah governor to speak at Dixie State commencement ceremony
- ‘Josh is strong’: Family of a Salt Lake County Sheriff’s deputy shot releases statement
- Utah adds over 350 new COVID-19 cases, 2 new deaths Tuesday