SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – While ABC4 News was live on air during riots in Salt Lake City Saturday night they captured a police officer armed in protective gear shoving a man with a cane down onto the street.
The incident happened while ABC4’s Nicole Neuman and photojournalist Josh Witzel were in the field reporting live on air to the community.
That video has now gone viral after it was posted to the station’s ABC4 YouTube channel and has been picked up by viewers around the country, many expressed anger at the officer’s actions.
The footage can be seen here:
Salt Lake City Police Department Chief Mike Brown responded to the video and said he has opened investigation though Internal Affairs and the Civilian Review Board.
LATEST NEWS STORIES:
- Without Donovan Mitchell, Jazz still roll to 10th straight victory, 106-94
- Utah workers at the center of land use battle
- SLC teacher on returning to class feels her health is ‘in the middle of this political battle’
- Rollie Worster’s near triple-double helps Utah State end 2-game slide
- ‘I was qualified, and I happen to be female’: St. George’s first female mayor shares top priorities