UPDATE: The boy killed in the motorcycle crash in Eagle mountain has been identified as Traygen Shane Johnson.
Police say the boy was 10-years-old not 9-years-old as was previously reported. The family has set up a GoFundMe account under “Traygen Shane Johnson Funeral expenses.”
EAGLE MOUNTAIN, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police confirm a 9-year-old boy has died after a motorcycle crash Tuesday.
The crash happened in the area of Mohican Dr & Golden Eagle Rd, according to Sgt. Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sherriff’s Office.
Sgt. Cannon said the young boy lost control of the Off road motorcycle he was driving and hit a tree. Bystanders, deputies and paramedics were unable to revive him.
It was initially reported that the 9-year old victim was in extremely critical condition before he was pronounced dead. No other injuries have been reported as a result of the crash.
Police say the boy was 10-years-old not 9-years-old as was previously reported.
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as they become available.
LATEST NEWS STORIES:
- Police searching for missing teen hiker in Washington County
- Man kicked off flight in SLC for ‘mask non-compliance’
- Woman in custody after possibly shooting juvenile with bow-and-arrow in West Jordan
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Silver Alert issued for 85-year-old man missing out of Fruit Heights