WEBER COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – According to troopers with the Utah Highway Patrol a 5-year-old boy was pulled over driving his parents’ car on the freeway Monday.
UHP said a trooper in Weber County initiated a traffic stop on what he thought was an impaired driver. Turns out it was a young man, age 5, troopers added.
UHP said he told troopers he left home after an argument with his mom, in which she told him she would not buy him a Lamborghini. He decided he’d take the car and go to California to buy one himself. Troopers said he might have been short on the purchase amount, as he only had $3 dollars in his wallet.
See Utah Highway Patrol’s press conference on the incident below:
Troopers said the 5-year-old somehow made his way up onto the freeway in his parents’ car. Officials said he made it from 17th and Lincoln in Ogden down to the 25th St off-ramp SB I-15.
Watch the attached video to see the moment the trooper pulled the boy over.
What others are clicking on:
- Family of slain Utah college student confronts her killer
- Troopers identify man killed in near head-on Sevier County crash
- Here’s Trump’s latest path to an election night win
- Police, friends, and family continue search for missing Tooele 14-year-old
- Courts: Roy High School teacher charged for trying to entice minor