WEBER COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – According to troopers with the Utah Highway Patrol a 5-year-old boy was pulled over driving his parents’ car on the freeway Monday.
UHP said a trooper in Weber County initiated a traffic stop on what he thought was an impaired driver. Turns out it was a young man, age 5, troopers added.
UHP said he told troopers he left home after an argument with his mom, in which she told him she would not buy him a Lamborghini. He decided he’d take the car and go to California to buy one himself. Troopers said he might have been short on the purchase amount, as he only had $3 dollars in his wallet.
See Utah Highway Patrol’s press conference on the incident below:
Troopers said the 5-year-old somehow made his way up onto the freeway in his parents’ car. Officials said he made it from 17th and Lincoln in Ogden down to the 25th St off-ramp SB I-15.
Watch the attached video to see the moment the trooper pulled the boy over.
What others are clicking on:
- Faces of COVID-19: Violinist patient who went viral is back in his workshop
- How to schedule COVID-19 vaccine appointments in Salt Lake County under Feb. 25 eligibility
- Lemon Artichoke and Pine Nut Pasta
- What is Ken Garff’s program “We’re ‘Hear’ for You”?
- Winter storm looks to bring another round of accumulating snow to Northern Utah