RICHFIELD, Utah (ABC4 News) – Five high school students from Richfield were injured after the driver failed to negotiate a curve on a dirt road Tuesday afternoon.
According to officials with the Utah Highway Patrol, the crash happened on a road known as the “CC Road” just east of Richfield when the driver who was traveling at a high rate of speed lost control.
Troopers said the inexperienced driver went off the right side of the road and down a deep ravine.
Four of the teens were critically injured and were flown to Salt Lake Valley.
Troopers said only two of the teens were wearing seatbelts.
*developing* We will continue to provide updates as more information is released.
What others are clicking on:
- Two children sickened by THC-infused candy received from food bank
- Latter-day Saint changes, speaker’s talk about church’s Restoration
- General Conference: New symbol, call for second global fast and youth speakers
- Another cruise ship with virus victims docking in Florida
- Trump says ‘toughest’ weeks ahead as coronavirus spreads