UPDATE: The woman was identified as Jordan Schneider for Star, Idaho.
They say she was in Layton for a business trip along with four other co-workers who witnessed the accident.
There are no charges against the driver at this time.
LAYTON, Utah (ABC4 News) – A 38-year-old woman died after she was struck by a car in Layton Saturday night.
According to Sgt. John Ottesen with Layton City Police, the woman was crossing Main Street around 9:50 p.m. near 650 North to try to get to a bus stop when she was hit by a teen boy who did not see her.
The woman died on scene.
Ottesen said the area where the woman and her co-workers were crossing was not at an intersection and they were not in a crosswalk.
Ottesen said the woman, who is from Idaho, was in town on business. Her identity is expected to be released Monday.
What others are clicking on:
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing
- Trump says executive order will include DACA recipients
- Second stimulus check: GOP senators not ready to commit to direct payments
- Utah reports 632 new coronavirus cases and 5 new deaths Saturday