UPDATE 12/02: The victims have been identified as Toshiaki Amimoto, a 65-year-old man and Etoko Amimoto, a 60-year-old woman. Investigators say they are from Torrance, Calif.
ARCHES NATIONAL PARK, Utah (ABC4 News) – Two people are dead and another person is injured after three people fell near Delicate Arch at Arches National Park.
Officials say they were called at 7:30 a.m., rangers were called out to the bowl area below Delicate Arch. When rangers arrived, they found 3 people in the bowl area.
Two people were dead on scene and officials say the third was flown to Moab Regional Hospital in unknown condition.
The two deceased victims are a 65-year-old male and a 60-year-old female. The victim flown to the hospital is a 30-year-old male but officials have not yet released their identities.
The trail to Delicate Arch was closed for several hours but has since been reopened.
It appears that all three people are from California and may be related, according to officials. Authorities say they are currently still investigating the incident.
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as they become available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Three more arrested in connection attack on black missionary
- TJ Haws scores 28 as #23 BYU holds off Santa Clara, 85-75
- Utes lose second home game of the season, falling to UCLA, 69-58
- Mother of missing Idaho children arrested in Hawaii
- Comedian Brad Williams helps raise over $150,000 for bullied 9-year-old