UPDATE 12/02: The victims have been identified as Toshiaki Amimoto, a 65-year-old man and Etoko Amimoto, a 60-year-old woman. Investigators say they are from Torrance, Calif.
ARCHES NATIONAL PARK, Utah (ABC4 News) – Two people are dead and another person is injured after three people fell near Delicate Arch at Arches National Park.
Officials say they were called at 7:30 a.m., rangers were called out to the bowl area below Delicate Arch. When rangers arrived, they found 3 people in the bowl area.
Two people were dead on scene and officials say the third was flown to Moab Regional Hospital in unknown condition.
The two deceased victims are a 65-year-old male and a 60-year-old female. The victim flown to the hospital is a 30-year-old male but officials have not yet released their identities.
The trail to Delicate Arch was closed for several hours but has since been reopened.
It appears that all three people are from California and may be related, according to officials. Authorities say they are currently still investigating the incident.
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as they become available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Utah Fire Info extends stage 1 fire restrictions
- Your Local Election Headquarters: Presidential Debate 1 – Trump vs Biden
- Father of missing boy from Millcreek asks for him to come home
- How does Utah’s return to school compare to New York?
- Cocktails now a subscription service with The Bartender’s Box