UPDATE (9/23/19) – Police have identified the student killed in the longboarding crash in Provo as Jonathan Godoy Morales of Chile.
PROVO, Utah (ABC4 News) – A 25-year-old International BYU student from Chile was killed while longboarding Sunday night when he collided with a vehicle in Provo.
According to Provo Police Department Detective Nick Dupaix, the man was riding his longboard west on Stadium Avenue towards Canyon Road at approximately 8:15 p.m. when collided with a vehicle traveling south on Canyon Road.
The student was thrown several feet after striking the car. The driver of the car told police she did not see the man before the collision occurred.
The student was transported to the hospital, where he died as a result of his injuries.
Dupaix said they do not yet know if the longboarder was wearing a helmet.
His identity will not be released until officials can contact his family.
What others are clicking on:
- Second stimulus checks: Trump executive orders leave $1,200 payments in limbo
- Man selling car to couple in West Valley City robbed at gunpoint, had vehicle stolen
- DMV to stop sending car registration renewals by mail
- Fire near Fruitland damages 3 structures, 24 others threatened, Highway 40 reopened
- Man arrested for child abuse after throwing 3-year-old in pond at Liberty Park