UPDATE: Officials in Summit County say Marie Johnson who was hit by a car in Kamas has died.
A GoFundMe campaign has been set up for the family to help with funeral expenses.
KAMAS (ABC4 News)- A two-year-old girl was hit by a car in Kamas Saturday night.
Lt. Andrew Wright with Summit Co. Sheriff said the girl ran into the street when she was hit around 6 p.m. near the Upper Loop Road.
Paramedics brought the girl back with CPR on scene, Lt. Wright said. She is now at Primary Children’s Hospital in critical condition.
Wright said the driver is cooperating and said this is simply a “tragic, unfortunate accident”.
Updates to this story will be posted if more information becomes available.
What others are clicking:
- Summit County faces shortage of dispatchers, reports exceeding overtime budget by 400 percent
- Firefighters defend Sandy homes from fast-moving grass fire
- Local veterans set to board Honor Flight
- St. George Regional Airport to reopen; repairs caused at least $400,000 in lost revenue
- Mother dies from injuries sustained in crash that killed her 16-year-old daughter