UPDATE: Officials in Summit County say Marie Johnson who was hit by a car in Kamas has died.
A GoFundMe campaign has been set up for the family to help with funeral expenses.
KAMAS (ABC4 News)- A two-year-old girl was hit by a car in Kamas Saturday night.
Lt. Andrew Wright with Summit Co. Sheriff said the girl ran into the street when she was hit around 6 p.m. near the Upper Loop Road.
Paramedics brought the girl back with CPR on scene, Lt. Wright said. She is now at Primary Children’s Hospital in critical condition.
Wright said the driver is cooperating and said this is simply a “tragic, unfortunate accident”.
Updates to this story will be posted if more information becomes available.
What others are clicking:
- Wasatch Front and St. George experiencing 911 outages, here are the numbers to call instead
- Mike Bloomberg’s campaign headquarters vandalized following the candidate’s Wednesday visit to Utah
- Proposed Senate Bill would prohibit abortions in Utah except under certain circumstances
- Case of missing children tied to doomsday beliefs, 3 deaths
- Video captures moment shots rang out near West Valley City park injuring one