UPDATE (9/23/19) – The U.S. Attorney’s office have confirmed the names of two people who were issued a citation for a campfire that started the Gun Range fire in Bountiful.
Ashlyn Nelson and Jeremy Flores were both issued $250 federal citations by the US Forest Service.
The U.S. Attorney’s office is still reviewing the case and any further liability based on the circumstances that lead to the fire.
BOUNTIFUL (ABC4 News)- Two people have been charged in connection with the Gun Range Fire that started last week in Bountiful.
Fire officials say the two people started the small campfire that ignited the blaze.
The identity of those people have not been released.
The fire started around 12:30 a.m. on August 30th and was contained at 321 acres on September 1st.
This is the 55th wildfire this year that started from a campfire. Officials with the US Forest Service want to remind people to extinguish all campfires thoroughly.
For more tips visit www.utahfireinfo.gov.
- “Heartbreaking”: Three homes demolished two years after Riverdale landslide
- The Justice Files: To Catch a Killer, Alex Whipple pt.2
- When You’re Remodeling Your Home or Office, It’s Important to Consider Cabinetry
- Human remains found in Romania identified as Utah WWII Airman
- Four reasons to visit the 2019 Holiday Quilt Show