SANDY, Utah (ABC4 News) Police are investigating after a 19-year-old man was found with a gunshot wound Sunday night at a park in Sandy.
According to Sandy City Police Sgt. Jason Nielsen, the man was found at Lone Peak Park suffering from a gunshot wound to his leg and thigh.
He was transported to Intermountain Medical Center in good – fair condition and is expected to survive.
Detectives have not been able to interview the man yet as he is still being treated for his injuries.
*developing* ABC4 will provide an update as soon as more information becomes available.
What others are clicking on:
- Clarkson pours in 23 points as Jazz beat Denver for 5th straight victory, 109-105
- Two small groups of protestors met with heavy police presence at Utah State Capitol
- Red Rocks come up short against defending national champion Oklahoma
- Near deadly collision: Vehicle strikes Salt Lake City man, officers investigate scene
- ‘Today was our best-case scenario’, Governor Cox reacts to peaceful protestors, Sunday