CARBON COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A 19-year-old man died after the driver of the car he was in swerved to miss a dear and the vehicle rolled.
Deputies said they responded to a vehicle rollover on Airport Road in Carbon County on Saturday, just before 11 p.m.
Deputies said the crash happened about 1/2 mile north of the Desert Thunder Raceway.
Upon arrival, deputies saw a four-door sedan about 50 feet off the road on the west side of the road. The driver told deputies they had swerved to miss a deer on the road and overcorrected.
During the incident, a 19-year-old male passenger was ejected and sustained fatal injuries.
Carbon County Sheriff’s Office said the crash is still under investigation.
- Amid pandemic, Utah County lets mask mandate expire
- Cancer surgeries potentially delayed due to COVID-19 case increase
- Masen Wake hurdling his way into national spotlight
- Convicted sex offender arrested after breaking into camper trailer, sexually assaulting woman in Cedar City
- Trump vs. Biden: Are there any undecided voters left?