UPDATE: Officials with the West Valley City Police Department have identified the victim in Saturday’s shooting homicide as 18-year-old Lewis Orlando Jensen.
Police say a both suspects in this case, both juveniles, are in custody after detectives were able to locate the second suspect Tuesday night.
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – An 18-year-old male is dead after a shooting at Kings Point Park in West Valley City.
Police will release his name once family is notified.
Investigators say the shooting happened around 6:10 p.m. Saturday evening.
It was after two groups decided to meet at the park to settle a disagreement.
“Our suspect got out of the car,” said Lt. Justin Wyckoff. “He was a passenger in a car we were told so far. He fired a couple of shots. The first shot was over the head. It appears that our victim tried to intervene and wrestle the gun and was shot in the process.”
Police say it’s still early in this investigation, and this appears to be a targeted shooting.
They don’t believe there’s a threat to the public.
They’re asking anyone with information to call 801-840-4000.
What others are clicking on:
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- The 421st is home! Hundreds of HAFB Airmen return home for 14 days of quarantine
- How to celebrate Halloween safely in 2020
- Stimulus update: Pelosi pushes White House on virus testing as cases surge
- Ready to hit the slopes? Opening dates of each ski resort in Utah