BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A 17-year-old girl extricated herself after she crashed her car into the Malad River in Fielding on Saturday afternoon.
The girl had been driving eastbound toward Fielding on 16800 North around 4:30 p.m. when she drove off the road at the Malad River Bridge, coming to a rest upside down on the bank of the river.
A passing motorist discovered the teen just after the crash.
The teen suffered facial injuries and several bumps and bruises but refused medical treatment at the scene.
The investigation is ongoing but deputies said they believe drowsy driving could be the cause of the crash.
Bear River Health Department responded to the scene to monitor for any hazardous spills into the waterway.
- Bluffdale police responding to fatal crash on Redwood road
- St. Geroge Marathon canceled after 43 consecutive years
- Pac-12 postpones all fall sports amid coronavirus pandemic
- Man dies in Weber County construction accident
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as running mate