FARR WEST, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police say an 11-year-old girl died after being found unresponsive in an indoor pool Saturday night.
Lt. Cortney Ryan with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office says crews were dispatched to reports of a drowning near 2000 West 2700 North at 7:04 p.m. Saturday.
The young girl was found unresponsive in an indoor pool at a family gathering, Lt. Ryan says.
Police say she was pulled from the pool and family members performed life-saving efforts on the child. Lt. Ryan says medical personal who arrived on the scene also attempted life-saving efforts.
The girl was then transported to the Plesant View Branch of Ogden Regional Hospital where more life-saving measures were taken. Lt. Ryan says she was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The identity of the girl has not yet been released.
What others are clicking on:
- State representative says school start times should be pushed back
- The Inside Utah Politics Panel on tax reform, the ACA and Washington politics
- Scott City fourth-grader rescues another student with Heimlich maneuver
- Suspect charged in stabbing of man he found with his girlfriend at motel in West Valley City
- Several people injured after car crashes into Washington City In-N-Out