FARR WEST, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police say an 11-year-old girl died after being found unresponsive in an indoor pool Saturday night.
Lt. Cortney Ryan with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office says crews were dispatched to reports of a drowning near 2000 West 2700 North at 7:04 p.m. Saturday.
The young girl was found unresponsive in an indoor pool at a family gathering, Lt. Ryan says.
Police say she was pulled from the pool and family members performed life-saving efforts on the child. Lt. Ryan says medical personal who arrived on the scene also attempted life-saving efforts.
The girl was then transported to the Plesant View Branch of Ogden Regional Hospital where more life-saving measures were taken. Lt. Ryan says she was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The identity of the girl has not yet been released.
What others are clicking on:
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Zach Wilson leads BYU to dominating 48-7 victory over Troy
- ‘My heart races every time I look at the pictures’: Tribute memorial to victims of systematic racism on display in Rose Park
- PTSD after COVID-19: ‘No doubt’ it’ll happen,’ says NIMH director
- PHOTOS: Trump formally nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court