FARR WEST, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police say an 11-year-old girl died after being found unresponsive in an indoor pool Saturday night.
Lt. Cortney Ryan with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office says crews were dispatched to reports of a drowning near 2000 West 2700 North at 7:04 p.m. Saturday.
The young girl was found unresponsive in an indoor pool at a family gathering, Lt. Ryan says.
Police say she was pulled from the pool and family members performed life-saving efforts on the child. Lt. Ryan says medical personal who arrived on the scene also attempted life-saving efforts.
The girl was then transported to the Plesant View Branch of Ogden Regional Hospital where more life-saving measures were taken. Lt. Ryan says she was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The identity of the girl has not yet been released.
What others are clicking on:
- Who betrayed Anne Frank? Cold case team says it has the answer
- Two men press charges against each other after dispute at repair shop
- Florida police officer rescues monkey, dog in the same day
- Microsoft buys game publisher Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion
- Brady, Buccaneers extend playoff winning streak to 5 games