SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – One person was found deceased after a structure fire Saturday morning.
Police were called to help with traffic control at the home located at 1330 South 1100 East just before 8 a.m.
When they arrived firefighters had found a body in the house with what police now believe was a self inflicted gunshot wound.
Throught the course of the investigation, police said it appears the fire was intentionally set.
Arson investigators found a device that appeared to be a hand grenade.
*ABC4 does not typically report on suicides however due to the nature of the fire, we have updated the original story to reflect facts surrounding the incident*
The victim’s identity will not be released.
If you or someone you know is struggling with suicidal thoughts, call The Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
This is developing – additional information will be released once it become available.
What others are clicking on:
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing