One of the best parts of Summer is all the fresh fruits and vegetables! Todd and Sheri from Duerdens, joined Nicea DeGering, to share their very special recipe for a watermelon, arugula and feta salad. It’s perfect for hot days, and is very light and refreshing. As an added bonus, the salad goes with anything you grill for the 4th of July holiday.
Make sure you check out Duerdens in the store or online for all of their 4th of July specials.
Watermelon, Arugula and Feta Salad
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- ¼ cup minced shallots (1 large)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby arugula, washed and spun dry
- ⅛th seedless watermelon, rind removed, and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounces good feta cheese, ½-inch diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) whole fresh mint leaves, julienned
- Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion.
- If not using within an hour, store the vinaigrette covered in the refrigerator.
- Place the arugula, watermelon, feta, and mint in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well. Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.
This story contains sponsored content.