This weekend is all about grilling outside, so Todd and Sheri Hall from Duerden’s joined Midday with their favorite side dish: Pesto Pasta Salad. it goes perfectly with any meat you grill at your BBQ.
Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 cups orecchiette pasta or bowtie pasta
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt,
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, more to taste
- 3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup small fresh mozzarella balls
- 3 leaves fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
1. Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water according to al dente instructions on the box, approximately 8-10 minutes.
2. In a pan over medium-low heat, roast the pine nuts, constantly stirring until golden brown.
3. Coat a separate pan with olive oil and roast garlic over medium-low heat. (or in the oven)
4. In a food processor, combine olive oil, whole leaves of basil, pine nuts, salt, roasted garlic, pepper, and cheese and blend until smooth and creamy. If it is too chunky, slowly add more olive oil to smooth it out to desired texture.
5. In a large bowl mix the pasta, pesto, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and shredded basil. Add more pine nuts if desired. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
Be sure to visit Duerden’s for Memorial Weekend savings. They love to show customers what they can do on the appliances in their store. Customers can even try out recipes and then decide which equipment is best for them.
This segment contains sponsored content.