SOUTH SALT LAKE (ABC4 News) – An 18-year-old is recovering in the hospital after being accidentally shot in the face in South Salt Lake Tuesday night.
It happened at the Mountain Shadows Apartments.
Police tell ABC4 News that the teen and his friend were playing with the gun when it accidentally went off.
Police responded and took the teen to the hospital, who is in stable condition.
The teen’s friend and others who were nearby are cooperating with South Salt Lake Police.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Men arrested in attack on black missionary charged with hate crime
- Lawmaker says there’s need for ‘broader conversation’ on racism in Utah
- Man dies after being found unresponsive on Greyhound bus in St. George
- Boy Scouts of America’s bankruptcy filing won’t impact local scouts
- More than 90 people were arrested for DUI in Utah over Valentine’s Day weekend