SOUTH SALT LAKE (ABC4 News) – An 18-year-old is recovering in the hospital after being accidentally shot in the face in South Salt Lake Tuesday night.
It happened at the Mountain Shadows Apartments.
Police tell ABC4 News that the teen and his friend were playing with the gun when it accidentally went off.
Police responded and took the teen to the hospital, who is in stable condition.
The teen’s friend and others who were nearby are cooperating with South Salt Lake Police.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 26-year-old man stabs grandmother multiple times in Millcreek
- Update: Teen with autism found safe
- SWAT standoff over after suspect who assaulted boy then fired shots at an adult male taken into custody
- Funeral plans announced for Mac Christensen, Mr. Mac retail founder
- Bringing the warmth back! Milder wrap to holiday weekend with a few clouds