Update: The Unified Police Department has identified the suspect involved in the Taylorsville SWAT incident Saturday as is 35 year-old John W. Pickett of Taylorsville. He’s been booked into jail on charges of Aggravated Assault, Assault on a Peace Officer, Criminal Mischief, and Failure to Stop at the Command of an Officer.
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News) – SWAT responded to a barricaded suspect in Taylorsville Saturday morning.
Officials say the person barricaded themselves near 6000 S Hazelhurst. in Taylorsville.
The incident happened after the suspect allegedly pointed a gun at another driver during a road rage incident.
The driver was able to get a good description of the suspect’s vehicle, according to officials.
The suspect reportedly went home and locked himself inside.
Police located the suspects home and waited for him to arrive. Officials say he arrived and locked himself in his apartment.
SWAT negotiated to get the suspect to come out. Officials say the suspect has since been taken into custody.
Road closures were in place in the area during the incident and officials asked everyone to avoid the area.
What others are reading:
- Police release body cam video, seek suspects in SLC riot
- Utah student face-covering guidelines, who decides them?
- You may get to see a new comet with only the naked eye
- Las Vegas principal battling COVID-19 shares his story, urgent message
- Teacher fears returning to school without mandatory mask policy