PROVO, Utah (News4Utah) –  Morgan Henderson had two opportunities to tell detectives what happened to the missing teens from Eureka.

In charging documents filed by the Utah County attorney, Henderson failed to tell detectives on two occasions what happened to Riley Powell and Brelynne Otteson.  The two teens were reported missing January 2.

But it wasn’t until Henderson was stopped by a deputy in Sanpete County March 25 that Henderson gave detectives what they needed.  She had information about the disappearance of Riley and Brelynne.  That information led to the arrest of her boyfriend Jerrod Baum.  Tuesday, he was charged with multiple felonies including two counts of aggravated murder.  

The bodies of Riley and Brelynne were found in a mineshaft after Henderson told detectives that she witnessed both the murder of the teens and the disposal of their bodies.  The mineshaft is near Eureka but is located in Utah County.

Thursday, Henderson was charged with two counts of obstructing justice, second degree felonies.  
But Henderson is also facing additional charges in Sanpete County. Court documents claimed she was speeding nearly twenty miles over the posted speed limit and was pulled over. Inside her vehicle the deputy found an axe, rifle and a box of ammo.  The weapons are violations because she had a previous felony conviction and is forbidden from having weapons.  

Morgan Henderson  Courtesy: Utah County jail

Charging documents show that on March 25, Henderson “admitted to police that she had withheld knowledge about the disappearance of the teens and that she had in fact been present when they were murdered by her boyfriend Jerrod Baum.”  Detectives in Sanpete and Juab County went to the mine and soon determined it was in Utah County.  That’s when the case was turned over to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.

Henderson is scheduled to have her initial appearance on the obstruction charges Thursday afternoon in Utah County.  She also has an initial appearance in Sanpete County April 11.