SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Gov. Gary Herbert issued an executive order to temporarily suspend enforcement of statutes for some expiring vehicle registrations through May 15, 2020.
The order is designed to grant a time-limited leniency period to Utahns attempting to navigate closures and appointment-only registration systems at the Utah Division of Motor Vehicles, according to the governor’s office.
The order is effective Thursday, April 30.
The Utah Division of Motor Vehicles has announced plans to reopen their lobbies by appointment only, beginning Friday, May 1. Appointments can be scheduled on DMV’s website.
LATEST NEWS STORIES:
- Gas station employee fights back after suspect tries to rob store in Provo
- 1 dead, 14 injured following shooting at Aiken nightclub
- Provo officer forced to shoot, kill one of two dogs running loose on freeway
- Suspect arrested for attempted murder after shooting man in Tooele
- Utah COVID cases: 2,043 new COVID-19 cases Saturday, 14 new deaths