WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has announced the location of the Washington County, Utah Temple.
The temple, announced by Church President Russell M. Nelson in October 2018, will be built on a 14-acre site located northeast of 3000 East 1580 South in St. George.
“I just can’t express my enthusiasm,” Washington City resident Larae Williams said. “It’s just so exciting to us and we’re really looking forward to having two temples here in this area.”
Plans call for a three-story temple of approximately 88,000 square feet.
This will be the city’s second temple. The St. George Utah Temple, which was dedicated in 1877, closed November 4, 2019, for an extensive renovation.
The temple is expected to reopen sometime in 2022.
What others are reading:
- BYU pulls off biggest victory in years, beating #2 Gonzaga, 91-78
- Harden, Westbrook lead Rockets to 120-110 victory over Jazz
- Wasatch Front and St. George experiencing 911 outages, here are the numbers to call instead
- Records: UPD officers find driver passed out behind the wheel in the middle of the street, blasting music
- Two men confirmed dead after a single engine Cessna crashes at Dillingham Airfield