ST. GEORGE — Clusters of onlookers gathered on the sidewalk Monday evening near the west end of the St. George Temple as heavy equipment tore down the back end of the building.
Passersby in their vehicles also slowed down to watch the display, resulting in St. George Police officers being sent to the scene to make sure traffic ran smoothly while crowds continued to gather.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints first announced the temple would close for renovations in January 2019.
The closure was a part of an overall push by the church to renovate and upgrade its pioneer-era temples.
Read the full story at stgeorgeutah.com.
What others are clicking on:
- Amid pandemic, Utah County lets mask mandate expire
- Cancer surgeries potentially delayed due to COVID-19 case increase
- Masen Wake hurdling his way into national spotlight
- Convicted sex offender arrested after breaking into camper trailer, sexually assaulting woman in Cedar City
- Trump vs. Biden: Are there any undecided voters left?