ST. GEORGE — Clusters of onlookers gathered on the sidewalk Monday evening near the west end of the St. George Temple as heavy equipment tore down the back end of the building.
Passersby in their vehicles also slowed down to watch the display, resulting in St. George Police officers being sent to the scene to make sure traffic ran smoothly while crowds continued to gather.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints first announced the temple would close for renovations in January 2019.
The closure was a part of an overall push by the church to renovate and upgrade its pioneer-era temples.
Read the full story at stgeorgeutah.com.
What others are clicking on:
- Two children sickened by THC-infused candy received from food bank
- Latter-day Saint changes, speaker’s talk about church’s Restoration
- General Conference: New symbol, call for second global fast and youth speakers
- Another cruise ship with virus victims docking in Florida
- Trump says ‘toughest’ weeks ahead as coronavirus spreads