HURRICANE, Utah (ABc4 News) – According to officials with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, the beach at Sand Hollow State Park will be closed to camping due to coronavirus concerns.
They will be closed to camping effective immediately.
The closure announcement comes one day after park officials began turning people away when hundreds showed up Saturday.
According to Sand Hollow State Park officials, people were turned away around 1 p.m. when boating parking stalls and beach parking spaces were completely full.
What others are clicking on:
- Utah crushes Oregon State, 63-44
- Utah man sent back to prison for 25 years to life after committing murder while out on parole
- ‘What the elk’: Large herd of elk stops traffic briefly near Interstate 80
- Goldman Sachs says 4 cities likely to see a 2008-style housing crash: report
- Winter Weather Advisory posted for northern Wasatch Mountains