HURRICANE, Utah (ABc4 News) – According to officials with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, the beach at Sand Hollow State Park will be closed to camping due to coronavirus concerns.
They will be closed to camping effective immediately.
The closure announcement comes one day after park officials began turning people away when hundreds showed up Saturday.
According to Sand Hollow State Park officials, people were turned away around 1 p.m. when boating parking stalls and beach parking spaces were completely full.
What others are clicking on:
- There will be no inaugural ball tonight: Here’s what will take its place
- Chiefs’ Chad Henne goes from backup QB to playoff stage
- President Biden signs Executive Order on Bears Ears and Grand Staircase, Utah delegation opposes
- Salt Lake City School District to allow in-person learning for junior high and high school students
- Agencies say Super Bowl security is constantly evolving, improving to make event safer