KANARRAVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News)- The body found in Kanarraville last weekend was likely a victim from a crash, officials said.
During the snowstorm on February 9th troopers found an abandoned vehicle crashed on I-15 at mile marker 49, just before the Hamilton Fort exit.
“The medical examiner was able to determine the male decedent found in Kanarraville was, in fact, the registered owner of the found vehicle,” a press release from the Iron County Sheriff’s Office stated. “At this time there are no indications of foul play in his death. “
The victim was a 22-year-old-year-old man from Taylorsville, they said. Utah.
It is believed that he walked away from the vehicle after crashing and headed toward the town of Kanarraville, officials said. The cold weather appears to be a contributing factor in his death.
His name has not been released.
What others are reading:
- K-9 recovering from being shot by chase suspect in Clinton
- Second stimulus checks: Trump executive orders leave $1,200 payments in limbo
- Man selling car to couple in West Valley City robbed at gunpoint, had vehicle stolen
- DMV to stop sending car registration renewals by mail
- Fire near Fruitland damages 3 structures, 24 others threatened, Highway 40 reopened