WASHINGTON COUNTY (ABC4 News) – The woman killed in a head-on collision on State Route 18 in Washington County Tuesday afternoon has been identified.
Troopers say the victim’s name is Alyssa S. Jenkins. They say she is 30 from Santa Clara.
Utah Highway Patrol said dispatch was notified about the crash near mile marker 15 around 1:30 p.m.
Troopers said Jenkins was traveling northbound and drifted over the centerline while a semi-truck pulling a side dump trailer was traveling southbound.
The two vehicles collided, and Jenkins was forced off the road. The semi continued after impact for several yards before skidding to a stop. Troopers said the dump trailer jackknifed and overturned blocking the northbound lane of travel.
Jenkins was killed in the crash. The male driver of the semi-truck was taken to the hospital in fair condition.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Man involved in a fatal Salt Lake Crash has died
- Super Bowl Commercials: Molly Ringwald to star alongside an avocado
- At Sundance, an annual rebirth for American movies
- Senate Republicans want to hear ‘both sides’ of impeachment trial
- Gun rights advocates pick up trash after protesting peacefully in Richmond