PAGE, Ariz. (AP) -Photographer-only tours will no longer be offered at the globally recognized Upper Antelope Canyon in Arizona.
The Arizona Republic reports tour operators of the slot canyon, known for its red-orange sandstone walls, announced last week that photo-only tours will cease.
The photographer-only tours have led to long wait times as professional shutterbugs try to get that picture-perfect shot. Visitors with cellphones and cameras on regular tours can still take photos.
But tripods will no longer be permitted. Guided tours are the only way tourists can reach upper or lower Antelope Canyon near Page in northern Arizona.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- KTVX/KUCW Dino & Dragon Stroll 2021 Sweepstakes
- Biden maintains optimism on US economy
- St. Mark’s Hospital is one of 100 hospitals nationwide awarded the “2022 Spine Surgery Excellence Award”
- Man accused of killing 10 at Colorado grocery store ruled incompetent for trial
- First case of Omicron variant found in Utah