PAGE, Ariz. (AP) -Photographer-only tours will no longer be offered at the globally recognized Upper Antelope Canyon in Arizona.
The Arizona Republic reports tour operators of the slot canyon, known for its red-orange sandstone walls, announced last week that photo-only tours will cease.
The photographer-only tours have led to long wait times as professional shutterbugs try to get that picture-perfect shot. Visitors with cellphones and cameras on regular tours can still take photos.
But tripods will no longer be permitted. Guided tours are the only way tourists can reach upper or lower Antelope Canyon near Page in northern Arizona.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Battling Bullying: Controversy over proposed policy changes
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- 4 dead, 1 hospitalized after shooting in Grantsville
- With future unknown, couple displaced by Puerto Rico earthquake returns to Utah
- Crews prepare Salt Lake Temple grounds for excavation