PAGE, Ariz. (AP) -Photographer-only tours will no longer be offered at the globally recognized Upper Antelope Canyon in Arizona.
The Arizona Republic reports tour operators of the slot canyon, known for its red-orange sandstone walls, announced last week that photo-only tours will cease.
The photographer-only tours have led to long wait times as professional shutterbugs try to get that picture-perfect shot. Visitors with cellphones and cameras on regular tours can still take photos.
But tripods will no longer be permitted. Guided tours are the only way tourists can reach upper or lower Antelope Canyon near Page in northern Arizona.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Logan elementary student says ‘racism ends with my generation’
- Biden becomes first presidential candidate to reach 80 million votes
- Crews start to demolish the old airport to finish the new one
- Police searching for suspect in veterinary hospital robbery in Sandy
- How to address youth mental health challenges during the pandemic