WASHINGTON COUNTY (ABC4 News) – Firefighters responded to a brush fire near La Verkin Tuesday afternoon.
Multiple agencies including Hurricane Valley Fire District, Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands, Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Forest Service, National Park Service, St. George and Washington Fire Departments, La Verkin Police and Washington County Sheriff’s Office all responded to the 19-acre fire.
Investigators confirmed that an individual that was cleaning out a shed unintentionally caused the fire. The person disposed of chemicals that became inadvertently mixed and assisted by the 100-degree temperature caused spontaneous combustion to occur.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Two children sickened by THC-infused candy received from food bank
- Latter-day Saint changes, speaker’s talk about church’s Restoration
- General Conference: New symbol, call for second global fast and youth speakers
- Another cruise ship with virus victims docking in Florida
- Trump says ‘toughest’ weeks ahead as coronavirus spreads