WASHINGTON COUNTY (ABC4 News) – Firefighters responded to a brush fire near La Verkin Tuesday afternoon.
Multiple agencies including Hurricane Valley Fire District, Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands, Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Forest Service, National Park Service, St. George and Washington Fire Departments, La Verkin Police and Washington County Sheriff’s Office all responded to the 19-acre fire.
Investigators confirmed that an individual that was cleaning out a shed unintentionally caused the fire. The person disposed of chemicals that became inadvertently mixed and assisted by the 100-degree temperature caused spontaneous combustion to occur.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Congressman’s bill would provide funding to help former inmates re-enter society successfully
- Young archers compete in National Archery Tournament
- Faye Swetlik died from asphyxiation hours after abduction, coroner says
- IRS offers tips to protect yourself from tax time scammers
- A dream community for those 55 years and better