WASHINGTON COUNTY (ABC4 News) – Firefighters responded to a brush fire near La Verkin Tuesday afternoon.
Multiple agencies including Hurricane Valley Fire District, Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands, Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Forest Service, National Park Service, St. George and Washington Fire Departments, La Verkin Police and Washington County Sheriff’s Office all responded to the 19-acre fire.
Investigators confirmed that an individual that was cleaning out a shed unintentionally caused the fire. The person disposed of chemicals that became inadvertently mixed and assisted by the 100-degree temperature caused spontaneous combustion to occur.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Kaysville City thanks firefighters with ‘Christmas’ star
- Salt Lake City to consider closing road to address illegal dumping
- Gov. Herbert appoints new Department of Environmental Quality director
- Study: OBGYNs retiring at faster rate leading to shortage
- Man sentenced to 10 years in prison for dealing drug that killed Roy man