IRON COUNTY (ABC4 News) – One vacation home and six outbuildings were destroyed in a fire in unincorporated Iron County Monday.
The fire which sparked at 100 South Street in Paragonah was confirmed 15 acres.
State fire officials said the fire was started by machinery operating on dry grass. They said the equipment caught fire and then it spread.
The fire was 100% contained Monday evening, but at one point, officials said as many as 30 homes were threatened.
Personnel from Cedar City, Parowan, Paragonah, Brian Head Fire Departments, Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands, BLM, U.S. Forest Service, Iron County Sheriff’s Office and Parowan Police Department all responded to the fire.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON :
- With 2020 Census ending a month early, Texas officials worry about under counting
- Cottonwood Heights requests internal investigation into police conduct during weekend protest
- Lawmaker: Security officers at schools enables systemic racism
- Photos show Lebanon before and after explosion
- The Justice Files: $10,000 reward offered to help solve cold cases