IRON COUNTY (ABC4 News) – One vacation home and six outbuildings were destroyed in a fire in unincorporated Iron County Monday.
The fire which sparked at 100 South Street in Paragonah was confirmed 15 acres.
State fire officials said the fire was started by machinery operating on dry grass. They said the equipment caught fire and then it spread.
The fire was 100% contained Monday evening, but at one point, officials said as many as 30 homes were threatened.
Personnel from Cedar City, Parowan, Paragonah, Brian Head Fire Departments, Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands, BLM, U.S. Forest Service, Iron County Sheriff’s Office and Parowan Police Department all responded to the fire.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON :
- Fallen soldier’s family: ‘He’s coming home after being lost in the South Pacific’
- Lawmakers at odds over how to lower prescription drug prices
- UDOT skid-testing I-15 near Leeds after 8 semis crash in two weeks
- Flying ice smashes FedEx truck windshield, driver/UHP warn of danger
- How to help a loved one struggling with addiction this holiday