ST. GEORGE, Utah (ABC4 News) – A 14-year-old Eagle Scout from St. George took it upon himself to lift and level headstones in a cemetery that have settled in the ground over the years.
Andrew Wyckoff carried out the project on Saturday, September 7 at the St. George cemetery according to a neighbor who told ABC4 News about the project.
Wyckoff’s mother said it took him about 136 hours to plan, meet the cemetery works, get the word out and actually carry out the work of lifting and leveling the headstones.
Fifty-eight people reportedly worked with Wyckoff on the project. Of that number, 41 helped Wyckoff at the cemetery and 17 brought breakfast, refreshments, and drinks.
In total, 44 headstones were lifted and leveled.
Wyckoff’s Youth church group plans to lift and level more headstones.
What others are reading:
- Amazon to kick off holiday shopping with October Prime Day
- Truck slams into Burgess Owens campaign headquarters
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson: Joe Biden is ‘the best choice to lead our country’
- Real Salt Lake plays Minnesota to scoreless draw