Salt Lake City apartment fire caused by unattended candle


SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – An unattended candle caught a Salt Lake City apartment on fire Sunday morning and sent a resident to the hospital, according to the Salt Lake City Fire Department.

The Salt Lake City Fire Department says a tenant in one of the apartments at 1482 South Roberta Street lit a candle then fell asleep. The candle subsequently caught the drapes on fire.

REATED: Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake

Firefighters responded just before 9 a.m. and quickly put the fire out, but the tenant in the apartment that caught fire was taken to the hospital, suffering from smoke inhalation, according to fire officials.

Damage to the apartment was minor. Firefighters remind residents to never leave a candle unattended.

Click here to download the ABC4 Utah News app for the first alerts on your phone. Sign up for the ABC4 Utah breaking news and daily newsletters.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Utah Coronavirus

More Coronavirus Updates


More In Focus

Justice Files

More Justice Files