LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON (ABC4 News) – Little Cottonwood Canyon is closed Thursday evening due to debris on the highway.
Unified police said State Route 210 is shut down due to rock and mudslides along the roadway through the canyon.
It’s not clear when the canyon will reopen.
ABC4 News viewer Ashley Russon shared this video taken by her mom Annette Morrison. She says her mom is stuck up the canyon following the slides.
Police said a helicopter sent up the canyon reported about 35 cars stranded up the canyon. Those occupants have been sheltered at Snowbird and Alta Resorts.
As of Friday, UDOT crews are busy cleaning up the roads. It is unclear when the roads will reopen.
This is a developing story. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Kaysville City thanks firefighters with ‘Christmas’ star
- Salt Lake City to consider closing road to address illegal dumping
- Firefighters defend Sandy homes from fast-moving grass fire
- Local veterans set to board Honor Flight
- Mother dies from injuries sustained in crash that killed her 16-year-old daughter