Utah (ABC4 News) — Friday, global faith leader Russell M. Nelson, President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints shared a special message of gratitude.
During the message, President Nelson offered a prayer of gratitude and invited everyone, everywhere, to do two things to help heal our fractured relationships and communities:
- Turn social media into your own gratitude journal for the next seven days, using #GiveThanks
- Say a prayer of thanks
During the massage, President Nelson expressed his own gratitude for the scientists and researchers who are developing a vaccine for COVID-19. President Nelson is a former pioneering cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon.
“There is no medication or operation that can fix the many spiritual woes and maladies that we face,” President Nelson said. “There is, however, a remedy—one that may seem surprising—because it flies in the face of our natural intuitions. Nevertheless, its effects have been validated by scientists as well as men and women of faith. I am referring to the healing power of gratitude.”
Watch full message below:
Visit GiveThanks.ChurchofJesusChrist.org to learn more.
- Stimulus checks: Would a $1,500 payment make you more likely to get a COVID vaccine?
- Sanford Health calls off merger with Intermountain Healthcare
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children need help finding 15-year-old girl
- Federal student loans payments and interest pause to continue into 2021
- Syracuse High School to pilot ‘Test to Stay’ program amid COVID-19 surge