Utah (ABC4 News) — Friday, global faith leader Russell M. Nelson, President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints shared a special message of gratitude.
During the message, President Nelson offered a prayer of gratitude and invited everyone, everywhere, to do two things to help heal our fractured relationships and communities:
- Turn social media into your own gratitude journal for the next seven days, using #GiveThanks
- Say a prayer of thanks
During the massage, President Nelson expressed his own gratitude for the scientists and researchers who are developing a vaccine for COVID-19. President Nelson is a former pioneering cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon.
“There is no medication or operation that can fix the many spiritual woes and maladies that we face,” President Nelson said. “There is, however, a remedy—one that may seem surprising—because it flies in the face of our natural intuitions. Nevertheless, its effects have been validated by scientists as well as men and women of faith. I am referring to the healing power of gratitude.”
Watch full message below:
Visit GiveThanks.ChurchofJesusChrist.org to learn more.
- Ahead of 100th Miss America competition, Miss Utah reflects on history of the pageant
- White House gears up to slow spread of omicron
- Parents charged in Michigan school shooting vanish; attorney says they aren’t on the run: report
- Homer Simpson’s house would sell for $450,000, realtors estimate
- Dream job alert: Get paid $2,500 to watch 25 Christmas movies in 25 days