A senior missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints died after a car crash on Christmas Day.
Daniel Woodruff, an official spokesman for the Church said said Elder Craig L. Meyocks, 66 and his wife had been serving in the Illinois Nauvoo Mission since March 2019.
Sister Meyocks was injured in the crash as well, but is expected to recover.
The couple is from Dammeron Valley, Utah.
“We extend our sincere condolences to the Meyocks family and their loved ones and pray they will feel peace and support, particularly at this time of year. We also pray for the other individuals involved in this accident,” Woodruff said.
What others are clicking on:
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing