WILMINGTON, Del. (NewsNation Now) — President-elect Joe Biden and vice president-elect Kamala Harris will receive a national security briefing on Tuesday, according to their official schedule.
A source close to the transition team told NewsNation that the briefing will be conducted by former U.S. government officials because “ascertainment” has not been obtained by the General Services Administration.
Earlier on Monday, Biden warned of “dire consequences” if President Donald Trump and his administration refused to coordinate with his transition team on the coronavirus pandemic and block briefings on national security, policy issues and vaccine plans.
“More people may die if we don’t coordinate,” Biden told reporters during a news conference in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Leading rusher Jaylen Warren leaves Utah State football program
- WSU hosts blood drive, aiming for 1K donations by Friday to make largest blood drive in Utah
- Holiday travel during the pandemic and post-travel precautions
- 78-year-old man killed in head-on crash by wrong-way driver near Hurricane
- ‘Too good to be true’: The FBI has tips to protect Cyber Monday shoppers from scammers