SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – Genealogy DNA testing is popular across the country, and especially here in Utah.
Law enforcement agencies are also taking note, using the records to crack cases.
Representative Craig Hall, (R) West Valley City, says they should have a specific suspect in mind and get a warrant before they do it.
He joins us this week on Inside Utah Politics to discuss his bill to address the balance between DNA testing and privacy.
He also talks about his plan to increase penalties for drivers who illegally pass school buses and eliminate straight-party voting.
What others are clicking on:
- Utah mayor enlists help of NFL-player sons to demonstrate proper social distancing
- Internet safety for youth during COVID-19
- Joe Ingles shares his pandemic experience as a parent of a special needs child
- Governor issues executive order allowing remote signature gathering for local referenda
- New poll finds most voters want to see changes made to the primary election