SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- Former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman Jr. has officially announced that he is running for governor in 2020.
He made the announcement on Twitter Thursday.
Huntsman was governor of Utah from 2005 to 2009, then became ambassador to China from 2009 to 2011.
In 2012 he was a candidate in the presidential race.
Most recently he’s worked as the US Ambassador to Russia.
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as more information becomes available.
What others are reading:
- Zach Wilson leads BYU to dominating 48-7 victory over Troy
- ‘My heart races every time I look at the pictures’: Tribute memorial to victims of systematic racism on display in Rose Park
- PTSD after COVID-19: ‘No doubt’ it’ll happen,’ says NIMH director
- PHOTOS: Trump formally nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Utah Senators Romney, Lee, offer words of praise for Trump’s Supreme Court nomination