SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – Another candidate has officially entered the race to fill the open seat for governor in 2020.
Salt Lake County Councilwoman Aimee Winder Newton is the first female to enter, and if she wins, she would be the first woman ever elected as governor in Utah.
She stops by Inside Utah Politics this week to discuss why she wants the job, her qualifications and where she stands on key issues.
What others are reading:
- Judge holding bond hearing for man tried 6 times in killings
- Phoenix grapples with some of nation’s fastest-rising rents
- AP Exclusive: Thousands of Ohio absentee applications denied
- Military academies probe possible ‘white power’ sign at game
- In reversal, Hallmark will reinstate same-sex marriage ads