SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – Another candidate has officially entered the race to fill the open seat for governor in 2020.
Salt Lake County Councilwoman Aimee Winder Newton is the first female to enter, and if she wins, she would be the first woman ever elected as governor in Utah.
She stops by Inside Utah Politics this week to discuss why she wants the job, her qualifications and where she stands on key issues.
What others are reading:
- Court orders Texas to move floating buoy barrier that drew backlash from Mexico
- Republicans urge Biden to suspend China travel amid uptick in respiratory illness
- Judge rejects Trump’s immunity argument in federal 2020 election case
- How to care for a real Christmas tree
- ‘Killer preying on the unhoused’: LA police seek suspect after 3 men found dead