SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – Another candidate has officially entered the race to fill the open seat for governor in 2020.
Salt Lake County Councilwoman Aimee Winder Newton is the first female to enter, and if she wins, she would be the first woman ever elected as governor in Utah.
She stops by Inside Utah Politics this week to discuss why she wants the job, her qualifications and where she stands on key issues.
What others are reading:
- Police: 2 dead after SUV crashes into N. Carolina restaurant
- Texas woman charged with hate crime after viral video
- Trump calls for return of privileged documents reportedly seized at Mar-a-Lago
- Private prison firm to settle lawsuit over inmate death
- Average US gasoline price falls 45 cents to $4.10 per gallon