SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – Another candidate has officially entered the race to fill the open seat for governor in 2020.
Salt Lake County Councilwoman Aimee Winder Newton is the first female to enter, and if she wins, she would be the first woman ever elected as governor in Utah.
She stops by Inside Utah Politics this week to discuss why she wants the job, her qualifications and where she stands on key issues.
What others are reading:
- ‘Surreal’: NY funeral homes struggle as virus deaths surge
- Cleanup of US nuclear waste takes back seat as virus spreads
- Coronavirus survivor: ‘In my blood, there may be answers’
- In time of crisis, Trump-Pelosi relationship remains broken
- Jobs report Friday is expected to end record hiring streak