SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – September is National Suicide Prevention Month. It’s an issue that hits Utah especially hard as the number one cause of death for youth.
State Representative Steve Eliason, R- Sandy, and Cathy Davis with the State Board of Education join us this week on Inside Utah Politics to discuss what to watch for and what’s being done to prevent the crisis in our state.
If you or someone you know is struggling with suicidal thoughts help is available. You can call the national hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or reach out on the Safe Ut App.
MORE INSIDE UTAH POLITICS
- State Elections Director discusses record-breaking voter turnout
- The IUP Panel on COVID mandates, the presidential transition and a new record for the Dow
- Breaking down the election with Jason Perry of the Hinckley Institute of Politics
- The IUP Panel on party rebranding and voter turnout
- The IUP Panel on the presidential election and new Coronavirus mandates