SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – September is National Suicide Prevention Month. It’s an issue that hits Utah especially hard as the number one cause of death for youth.
State Representative Steve Eliason, R- Sandy, and Cathy Davis with the State Board of Education join us this week on Inside Utah Politics to discuss what to watch for and what’s being done to prevent the crisis in our state.
If you or someone you know is struggling with suicidal thoughts help is available. You can call the national hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or reach out on the Safe Ut App.
MORE INSIDE UTAH POLITICS
- The IUP Panel on the race for governor, SLC’s new mayor and tax reform
- Former House Speaker Greg Hughes on why he wants to be governor and where he stands on key issues
- Politicians to keep an eye on in 2020
- The IUP Panel on Medicaid expansion and the tax reform referendum
- The top political stories of 2019