SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – Tax reform hit the spotlight on Utah’s Capitol Hill during the week. State leaders say it’s a necessary move to balance revenue streams, but it faces strong opposition.
All the Republican candidates for governor are among those coming out against it.
Former Representative Rebecca Chavez Houck, (D) Salt Lake City, and Representative Cory Maloy, (R) Lehi, debate the issue in this week’s Inside Utah Politics Panel discussion.
They also weigh in on the Affordable Care Act and Washington politics.
What others are reading:
- Kansas teen’s cancer battle honored by Patrick Mahones during AFC Championship
- Former KC teammates, co-workers saw spark in 49ers’ female coach Katie Sowers, who’s making history
- Jazz keep rolling with an overpowering 129-96 victory against Golden State
- Utah lawmaker’s solution to those grappling with the rising cost of insulin
- Virginia Senate passes ‘red flag’ gun law