SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – The school day starts early for students across the state of Utah, and a state lawmaker wants to change that.
Representative Suzanne Harrison, (D) Sandy, is running a resolution to encourage districts to push back the start time so students can get more sleep.
She joins us this week on Inside Utah Politics to discuss what the bill entails and other issues she is working on for the upcoming session.
What others are reading:
- Former KC teammates, co-workers saw spark in 49ers’ female coach Katie Sowers, who’s making history
- Jazz keep rolling with an overpowering 129-96 victory against Golden State
- Utah lawmaker’s solution to those grappling with the rising cost of insulin
- Virginia Senate passes ‘red flag’ gun law
- Man arrested in connection with 17-year-old girl found dead in sewer drain