SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – The school day starts early for students across the state of Utah, and a state lawmaker wants to change that.
Representative Suzanne Harrison, (D) Sandy, is running a resolution to encourage districts to push back the start time so students can get more sleep.
She joins us this week on Inside Utah Politics to discuss what the bill entails and other issues she is working on for the upcoming session.
What others are reading:
- Non-profit organization puts together Rainbow Crosswalk Project in honor of LGBTQ+ community
- Before Trump vs. Biden debate: Utah candidates Cox and Peterson duel in a gubernatorial rematch
- Pres. Trump announces shipment of millions of coronavirus tests to states
- 50 cities facing more extreme heat in 2020
- 19-year-old dies in Carbon County rollover after driver tries to avoid deer