SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – A new report released during the week shows a sharp increase in uninsured children in Utah.
It estimates 72,000 children are going without health insurance in our state, a 22% increase since 2016, and the second-largest increase in the country.
Jessie Mandle with Voices for Utah Children joins us on Inside Utah Politics to discuss the numbers, the reason for the increase and solutions.
What others are reading:
- Utah lawmakers get tough on porn, ease up on polygamy
- US tells remaining cruise passengers: Stay out for 2 weeks
- Trial begins in lawsuit over missing woman’s murdered sons
- Immigration agency subpoenas Oregon county over 2 inmates
- Nebraska denies pardon for notorious killer’s ex-girlfriend