SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – A new report released during the week shows a sharp increase in uninsured children in Utah.
It estimates 72,000 children are going without health insurance in our state, a 22% increase since 2016, and the second-largest increase in the country.
Jessie Mandle with Voices for Utah Children joins us on Inside Utah Politics to discuss the numbers, the reason for the increase and solutions.
What others are reading:
- Woman charged in boyfriend’s suicide pleads not guilty
- Pennsylvania to fund research into fracking health dangers
- Ex-CIA officer to be sentenced in China spy conspiracy
- Ex-athlete charged with 6 sex assaults awaits rape sentence
- Jury to deliberate in officer’s fatal shooting of black man