SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – Minority communities are being hit especially hard by the COVID-19 pandemic in Utah, and an effort is underway to address it.
State Senator Luz Escamilla, (D) Salt Lake City is one of six ethnic and racial minority lawmakers that have put together a partnership to increase testing, tracing and other efforts for underserved communities.
She also tested positive for COVID-19 and has overcome it.
She joins us this week on Inside Utah Politics to discuss her firsthand experience with the virus and how this new program will help address the disparity.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Jazz become first team to 50 wins with 124-116 victory over Houston
- Police: 3 hurt in Florida mall shooting as shoppers scatter
- Man intentionally collides with 2 police vehicles, crashes into fence in Heber
- Police searching for suspect after 2 women, 4-year-old injured in Times Square shooting: officials
- ATV rolls in Washington County, boy left in critical condition