SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – Representative Rob Bishop, (R) Utah, is moving on leaving an open seat in the 1st Congressional District for the first time in 18 years.
A crowded field has been narrowed down to four candidates in the running for the Republican nomination.
Former Weber County Commissioner Kerry Gibson secured his spot on the primary ballot with a first-place finish at convention.
He joins us on Inside Utah Politics to discuss his background and why he’s interested in taking over the seat.
A LOOK AT OTHER CANDIDATES:
- Breaking down criminal reform bills up for consideration this legislative session
- Bill to eliminate concealed carry permit requirements clears House committee
- Senate leadership on the 2021 Legislative Session
- Bryan Schott on what to expect from the legislative session
- Representative Patrice Arent reflects on 20-year legislative career