SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – The 1st Congressional District is an open seat for the first time in 18 years, and two Democratic candidates are hoping to flip it.
Jamie Cheek secured her spot on the primary ballot by getting 44% of the delegate vote at the Utah Democratic Party State Convention.
She joins us on Inside Utah Politics to discuss her background and why she’s interested in taking over the seat.
A LOOK AT OTHER CANDIDATES:
- Spencer Cox on his primary victory and moving forward to the general
- The IUP panel on the race for governor, the 4th District and mask mandates
- The IUP Panel breaks down the primary races
- How the primary races are shaping up heading into election day
- The IUP panel on crossover voters, the governor’s participation in the primary and predictions
- By-mail or ‘drive -up’ Utah’s primary election this Tuesday
- Gubernatorial Candidate Profile: Chris Peterson
- AG Candidate Profile: Greg Skordas
- AG Candidate Profile: Sean Reyes
- AG Candidate Profile: David Leavitt