SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (ABC4 News) – The 1st Congressional District is an open seat for the first time in 18 years, and two Democratic candidates are hoping to flip it.
Darren Parry secured his spot on the primary ballot with a first place finish at the Utah Democratic Party State Convention.
He joins us on Inside Utah Politics to discuss his background and why he’s interested in taking over the seat.
A LOOK AT THE OTHER CANDIDATES:
- Ballot measure seeks to remove slavery references from state constitution
- The IUP Panel on filling the Supreme Court vacancy
- 2CD Candidate Profile: Kael Weston
- The IUP Panel on the race for president, peace agreements, and the state of emergency
- The IUP Panel on the race for Salt Lake County Mayor and housing affordability